It has been TOO LONG since I shared this, and since there is still time to get me a holiday gift this season, I wanted to give you this option:
The Cheeseburger In A Can!
I love this so much!
Sold by a German outdoor supply company, this amazing blend of science and nature allows you to take a cheeseburger out for a hike, or an overnight camping trip!
Now of course, as funny as the can looks, you DO have to bite into it at some point – and you will get this:
There was a pretty funny review on The Onion’s website – including some good quotes about what the “Cheeseburger In A Can” tastes like…for example:
• “Oh, auuugh. It’s awful. Have these people ever had hamburger before?”
• “Boy, that taste really stays in your mouth, doesn’t it?”
• “That was so bad.”
• “I think it’s more the soggy bun than the meat.”
• “No, it really is the meat that’s the problem. Oh God.”
• “It’s like the Salisbury steak in a cheap TV dinner.”
• “It’s like Upton Sinclair nightmare bratwurst.”
• “It tastes like Spam. Spam, but chewy. The texture’s about the same.”
• “It is a little smushy. It’s spongy. I don’t hate it. I think I could eat it if it was hotter, and I could dip it in Ranch dressing.”
• “I cannot swallow this. It will not go down.”
• “It’s not quite meat, is it? It looks like freaky airline food.”
• “It tastes like beef-flavored something. Beef-flavored matter.”
• “It’s a really dense meat-like puck.”
• “When I first tasted it, it didn’t bother me, but it festered.” “Really? I gagged the second it hit my tongue.”
What else is there to say?
Well, there may be THIS!
The Scottish Deep-Fried Cheeseburger!!
Thanks to FXcuisine.com, there is a great writeup with pictures of the entire process of making a Scottish deep-fried cheeseburger – including the revelation that the burgers are cooked in the same deep fat fryer that cooks fries AND FISH!
FXcuisine is François-Xavier (FX), a French-speaking Swiss native living on the shores of Lake Geneva. He is passionate about gastronomy and cooking and created his website to share my adventures with Internet users the world over.
The concept is simple: deep fry a cheeseburger.
Go to his site to get more detail on how this burger is made, but a brief overview: take frozen hamburger that has been infused with cheese. Batter it, deep fry it, eat it. Done and done. Here it is again:
And finally, if you don’t want your burger in a can, or deep-fried, but just want it BIG BIG BIG! – well, I’ve got you covered!
Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub – A Big Burger Palace!
You like burgers? You like BIG burgers? You like BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG burgers?!?!?!?!
Welcome to Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub – located in Clearfield, PA. It was founded by Denny and Jean Liegey in September 1977. with a goal to make giant hamburgers to attract attention.
Here is the Beer Barrel Belly Bruiser from their website:
This Burger Weighs More Than Many People!
Denny’s held the Guinness Book World Record for largest burger ever – 123 pounds!
This is a burger that can feed an Army – especially an Army going out on maneuvers – and since you are out in the wild…it all goes back to this: let me know if you’d ever bite down on one of these!