In the mood for a tasty way to celebrate Valentines Day?
How about the best of all: bacon roses!
I found this on the great website “TheDailyBacon”…and they posted a recipe for how to win your lover’s heart – through the magic of bacon:
Make Your Own Bacon Roses!
Here’s the foolproof recipe!
You’ll need: bacon, fake flowers, a muffin tin, toothpicks and tinfoil.
1. Soak the toothpicks in water (this keeps them from charring in the oven). Defrost the bacon. Line the muffin tin with foil. Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
2. Roll the bacon to look like a rosebud, then stick two toothpicks in the bottom to hold it together.
3. Place the bacon rosebuds in the muffin spaces. The toothpicks should keep them from touching the bottom — you need that space for fat drippings.
4. Put the bacon in the oven. Cook 25-30 minutes.
5. Deconstruct the fake flowers. Pull the entire thing apart, get rid of the petals and put the stem back together.
6. Let the bacon cool, remove the toothpicks and stick the bacon bud onto the plastic stem. Voilà! Salty, crunchy flowers.
Now, if you aren’t quite so romantic, skip the design part of the process and go right to the bacon:
And thanks to the website “The paper mama.copm”, you can make bacon hearts as well!
I love how simple and fun this is…not sure I can make scrambled eggs in a heart shape, but I will try anything!
Well look at that, not so difficult after all…now, what about dinner?
Done! The “Love Burger” is a great way to give a tasty V-Day treat, right?
See more of it here:
Happy Valentines Day!