Need help finding the PERFECT Valentine’s Day Gift? Well, don’t worry, I am here…
Love Is In The Air! Celebrate Valentine’s Day With “THE LOVEBURGER”!
In the mood for love? I thought so…and what better way to show it than this perfectly shaped Valentine’s Day burger, just one of many crazy things happening between buns today!
Behold The “LOVEBURGER!”
It sure is, a nicely formed patty and bun that says “I love you!” And why not? There are worse things to do to a burger!
Behold The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift – BACON!
There are all kinds of sexy ways to say “I love you” this Valentine’s day – like this amazingly creative use of bacon!
I knew I was “overdue on bacon”, so I put on my “INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER” cap and did some delicious digging for you: and I found the recipe for bacon roses!
I found this on the great website “TheDailyBacon”…and they posted a recipe for how to win your lover’s heart – through the magic of bacon:
Make Your Own Bacon Roses!
You’ll need: bacon, fake flowers, a muffin tin, toothpicks and tinfoil.
1. Soak the toothpicks in water (this keeps them from charring in the oven). Defrost the bacon. Line the muffin tin with foil. Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
2. Roll the bacon to look like a rosebud, then stick two toothpicks in the bottom to hold it together.
3. Place the bacon rosebuds in the muffin spaces. The toothpicks should keep them from touching the bottom — you need that space for fat drippings.
4. Put the bacon in the oven. Cook 25-30 minutes.
5. Deconstruct the fake flowers. Pull the entire thing apart, get rid of the petals and put the stem back together.
6. Let the bacon cool, remove the toothpicks and stick the bacon bud onto the plastic stem. Voilà! Salty, crunchy flowers.
Now, if you aren’t quite so romantic, skip the design part of the process and go right to the bacon:
And thanks to the website “The paper mama.copm”, you can make bacon hearts as well!
I love how simple and fun this is…not sure I can make scrambled eggs in a heart shape, but I will try anything!
If bacon’s not your thing – although I’ll never understand why – you can also have Giordano’s pizza in Chicago make you this:
Open a nice bottle of red and call it a tasty night!
Wear A Delicious Valentine’s Day Outfit!
If you need any help dressing for your Valentine’s Day dinner, try this on for size:
And For The Ladies…
Make sure you buy the one you love something lovely like this:
A Bacon Scarf!
After all, it’s winter and we have to stay warm, right? It looks even better being worn:
And it even looks great on guys!
See, there are SO many ways to show your love in tasty ways….
Like Bacon Frosting!
What can I say, except to say that this is a way to top off ANY Valentine’s Day desert!
And when in doubt, there is always THIS solution! As always, our friends at White Castle are ready to roll out the red carpet for you this Valentine’s Day!
Categories: BACON, Books / Media, chicago, cookbooks, Food, Food Review, Hamburgers, Recipes, Restaurants, Talent/Celebrities, Travel, Travel Adventures, Travel Memoir, Uncategorized, Wacky Food, wine