Thirsty? Then Bite In A Drink!
Here is why I love the internet…I can find great drink ideas like this –
Watermelon Mojito Popsicles!
Yep, the icy cold goodness of a popsicle with the tasty kick of a Mojito! I found a couple of amazing recipes for these frozen treats, and I wanted to share one with you!
Makes 12 2.5 oz Popsicles
· 8oz. watermelon juice (2 ½ cups chopped watermelon)
· 2 oz fresh lime juice
· 1 oz. simple mint syrup (recipe follows)
· 8 oz. light rum
· 14 oz. club soda
Here are your easy instructions:
1. Place chopped watermelon in a food processor or blender and process until watermelon is juiced (will be slightly pulpy).
2. Combine watermelon juice, lime juice, mint syrup and rum in a shaker and shake well. Fill popsicle mold 3/4 of the way up with mixture. Fill remaining popsicle mold with club soda and stir to combine.
3. Freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
“Bustle” Up Some “Adult” Popsicles!
Alcoholic popsicles are quite the rage! I came across a number of great articles, including this one from the “Bustle” website.
Here is the entire article with recipes:
And of course, remember you don’t need your alcohol frozen – IF you have a spare “ox bone” handy!
Behold The “Bone Luge!”
Yep, just grab a hollowed out ox bone and have your favorite drink served up fresh!
I love the “bone luge!” Not sure if you get that “meaty” flavor with your drink, but read all about this trend by clicking here:
This is all making me hungry. Time to grab a drink with some good eating attached!
Bite Into A Bacon Martini!
Bacon is now being used for virtually EVERYTHING – and you can get your “Bacon Martini” recipe here:
And of course, bacon is now being used in Bloody Marys, but it isn’t alone:
The World’s Wildest “Bloody Mary!”
Wacky bloody Mary recipes are now everywhere, and you can see them all here:
And from BIG, it’s also time to go SMALL:
The World’s Smallest Bars Are In Tokyo!
This alleyway leads to hundred of bars – welcome to Tokyo’s “Golden Gui” districts, where tiny bars serve 6-8 people…read all about them here:
Don’t expect a “Watermelon Mojito” there, so you will have to make your own!
Let me know your favorite drink!