Love Is In The Air! Celebrate Valentine’s Day With “THE LOVEBURGER”!
It’s my annual Valentine’s Day treat: this perfectly shaped Valentine’s Day burger!
Behold The “LOVEBURGER!”
It sure is, a nicely formed patty and bun that says “I love you!” And why not?
It’s just one of the many “tasty ways” to celebrate Valentine’s Day!
Behold The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gift – BACON!
There are all kinds of sexy ways to say “I love you” this Valentine’s day – like this amazingly creative use of bacon!
I knew I was “overdue on bacon”, so I put on my “INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER” cap and did some delicious digging for you: and I found the recipe for bacon roses!
I found this on the great website “TheDailyBacon”…and they posted a recipe for how to win your lover’s heart – through the magic of bacon:
Make Your Own Bacon Roses!
You’ll need: bacon, fake flowers, a muffin tin, toothpicks and tinfoil.
1. Soak the toothpicks in water (this keeps them from charring in the oven). Defrost the bacon. Line the muffin tin with foil. Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
2. Roll the bacon to look like a rosebud, then stick two toothpicks in the bottom to hold it together.
3. Place the bacon rosebuds in the muffin spaces. The toothpicks should keep them from touching the bottom — you need that space for fat drippings.
4. Put the bacon in the oven. Cook 25-30 minutes.
5. Deconstruct the fake flowers. Pull the entire thing apart, get rid of the petals and put the stem back together.
6. Let the bacon cool, remove the toothpicks and stick the bacon bud onto the plastic stem. Voilà! Salty, crunchy flowers.
I love how simple and fun this is…not sure I can make scrambled eggs in a heart shape, but I will try anything!
If bacon’s not your thing – although I’ll never understand why – you can also have Giordano’s pizza in Chicago make you this:
Open a nice bottle of red and call it a tasty night! Or, go to Marks & Spencer and buy some of their unique Valentine’s Day gifts:
Yes, a cucumber grown in a special mold so it looks like a heart! They also offer up a sausage shaped like a heart:
See more of these Valentine’s Day treats here:
If you enjoy these posts, why not subscribe and never miss out? It’s easy, and there are NO ads of any kind, just stuff I like…click on the main page and “follow” me on the upper right!
Happy Valentine’s Day!