Give The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Gift: Bacon Roses!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to get shopping – for bacon!
Here’s a way to say “I love you” this Valentine’s Day: with bacon roses! I’m not kidding: with so many people giving flowers, why not give a flower that tastes as good as it smells! And they are easy to make!
Here’s The Foolproof Recipe!
OK, making these delicious, edible roses is actually pretty easy.
You’ll need: bacon, fake flowers, a muffin tin, toothpicks and tinfoil.
1. Soak the toothpicks in water (this keeps them from charring in the oven). Grab the bacon out of the refrigerator. Line a muffin tin with foil. Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
2. Roll the bacon to look like a rosebud, then stick two toothpicks in the bottom to hold it together.
3. Place the bacon rosebuds in the muffin spaces. The toothpicks should keep them from touching the bottom — you need that space for fat drippings.
4. Put the bacon in the oven. Cook 25-30 minutes.
5. Deconstruct the fake flowers. Pull the entire thing apart, get rid of the petals and put the stem back together.
6. Let the bacon cool, remove the toothpicks and stick the bacon bud onto the plastic stem. Voilà! Salty, crunchy flowers. And as you can see, you can also dip them in chocolate if you want to add just one more layer of wacky…
Now, these bacon roses will probably be eaten before the day is over, but if you are looking for another way to say “I love you” through the magic of food, then perhaps this is the way to go:
THE LOVE BURGER!
In the mood for love? I thought so…and what better way to show it than this perfectly shaped Valentine’s Day burger, just one of many crazy things happening between buns today!
No reason to give you this recipe: you can bake your own bun, shaped as a heart, and easily make a burger the same way – or you can do what I did and head to Marks & Spencer for their subtly named “Love Sausage”:
Yes, it’s a nicely shaped sausage that says “I love you”, with what appears to be bacon wrapped around the sausage and an added bonus of two nicely baked eggs in the middle!
Well, it’s going to be a very delicious Valentine’s Day I think ! You can see more of the “love sausage” here:
The terrific “Senior Salon” is celebrating Esme Slabs’ birthday by offering up a treasure trove of great Valentin;es Day blog posts – see it here and take part!
Happy “Tasty” Valentine’s Day!