Yes, September 1 is “National Bacon Day”, and if there ever was a holiday that “bites”, this is it!
Yes, time to put bacon on a burger and bite down hard! The rest of the world is already doing it!
“Baconskivor” Lovers Rejoice!
Yes, the rest of the world has embraced bacon – or as it says above, “baconskivor” – and now it’s up to us to keep up….oh wait, we have:
The “ALL-Bacon Bacon Burger!”
Yes, I found this masterpiece on Facebook…and there are so many pictures of bacon all over the internet, it’s easy to take this great food for granted…but it is a day to celebrate all that bacon is, so feel free to send your loved one a dozen of these:
Or maybe you want to WEAR your love of bacon – in that case, I say it’s time to slip into this outfit…
Or, since it’s summer, you can follow Sara Underwood’s lead and head to the beach:
Wear Your Love Like Bacon!
It’s a great day of celebration ahead, and so many ways to celebrate, because there is so much bacon to enjoy!
The “Bacon Cube” Burger!
Leave it to Japan to celebrate bacon like this! A “bacon cube” burger is exactly what i’d like today, unless it’s a great “bacon-wrapped hot dog” like this one!
Of course,t here are “all bacon” hot dogs, but that seems to defeat the purpose of a hot dog – which I always thought was to take all the “excess, unloved meat” and stuff it in a casing. This hot dog would taste even better if it was slathered with:
Drink Your Bacon!
And if you are thirsty, don’t forget that bacon goes with anything!
The “All-Bacon Restaurant!
Sip on a “Bacon Martini” and read all about this incredible “all-bacon” restaurant, Brutus, in Montreal! Click below to see it!
Drink up! Oh, and if you don’t just eat and drink bacon but like to make it a more “all encompassing” experience, you can always put on one of these:
See more unique bacon products by clicking here:
But we all really just want to bite into some bacon, like this guy does so well:
Yes, that’s my kind of dog! I found this pic online, so kudos to whoever came up with “man’s best friend”!
But if you don’t need any more bacon pictures like this one…
But just want pics like this to bite down on….
Well then, thanks to the Food Network website, here are ten easy bacon recipes to spice up any dish!
Ten Ways To Get Your Bacon!
Let’s get started with a favorite – now with added bacon!
1. Bacon Guacamole! Mash 2 avocados with 1/2 cup each chopped tomato and cilantro, 1/4 cup each chopped onion and crumbled cooked bacon, 1/2 minced jalapeno, some lime juice and salt.
2. Cheesy Bacon Popcorn! Drizzle 4 cups hot popcorn with 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Toss with 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon and 1/4 cup each grated Parmesan and cheddar.
3. Warm Bacon Slaw! Cook 6 slices thick-cut bacon in 1 tablespoon olive oil; drain and crumble. Add 1/2 sliced red onion, 1/4 cup each cider vinegar and water, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds to the drippings. Toss with 6 cups shredded cabbage and the bacon.
4. Bacon Kraut! Cook 8 ounces diced Canadian bacon and 1 chopped onion in olive oil. Add 3/4 cup each beer and water, and 1 pound rinsed drained sauerkraut. Simmer 20 minutes.
5. Bacon Reuben! Spread Russian dressing on rye toast. Top with Bacon Kraut (No. 4) and Swiss cheese. Broil until melted.
6. Bacon-Apple Sandwiches! Spread a split baguette with honey mustard. Fill with cooked bacon, sliced Brie and apple, and lettuce; add salt and pepper. Slice.
7. Cobb Club! Spread 3 slices toast with soft blue cheese and mayonnaise. Layer with grilled chicken, cooked bacon, avocado, tomato, romaine and hard-boiled egg to make a double-decker sandwich.
8. Bacon Butter! Cook 2 slices bacon in a skillet; drain and chop. Blend 1 stick softened butter with the drippings and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Stir in the chopped bacon.
9. PB&B Sandwich! peanut butter, banana and cooked bacon with white bread. Cook in a buttered skillet.
10. Croque Monsieur! Spread Dijon mustard on sliced challah; sandwich with Canadian bacon and shredded Gruyère. Whisk 1 egg with a bit of milk and nutmeg; dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and fry in butter.
Thanks to the FoodNetwork website for these ideas…and they have tons more too!
Read more at:
I admit that I enjoy some macaroni and cheese – especially when it it topped like this:
So enjoy some bacon today!
Categories: Australia, BACON, Books / Media, cookbooks, Food, Food Review, Hamburgers, Japan, London, Recipes, Restaurants, Tokyo!, Travel, Travel Adventures, Uncategorized, Wacky Food
Leave a Reply