Well, This Puts An End To My Shopping Trips Forever!
“WOW” is the only way to describe this story!
As reported in The Guardian:
“Helaina Alati was browsing the spice aisle of an Australian supermarket when she came face-to-face with a huge snake.
“The head of the 10-foot-long non-venomous diamond python emerged through a space in a shelf above the spice jars in the Sydney store.”
And she got some video of it!
She told The Guardian what happened:
“I was in the spice aisle just looking for something to put on my chicken that night so I didn’t initially see it because it was curled up way back behind the little jars of spices,” Alati said Wednesday. “I kind of turned to my right and it poked its head out.”
And get this – Alati just happens to be a trained snake catcher!
The Woolworths supermarket chain said this:
“A slippery and rare customer was spotted in the spice aisle” on Monday morning at its store in the suburb of Glenorie on Sydney’s northwest outskirts.
“Once it was sighted, our team members reacted quickly and calmly to cordon off the area for the safety of customers,” the statement said.
I’ve never been a fan of snakes, venomous or not – which made this specialty product a little more than I care to try!
Yes, I will pass on this “snake wine” – but if you are up for it, here’s what it is and how you can get some: