I love a good holiday!
Here are today’s five interesting food facts about Grilled Cheese:
- Grilled cheese sandwiches originally showed up in America during the roaring 20’s.
- It is said that grilled cheese was first served as an open-face sandwich.
- A grilled cheese sandwich is often accompanied by tomato soup, a southern delicacy!
- Grilled cheese sandwiches can be served with bacon , tomato, and various other additions. It makes the meal much more filling.
- April is national grilled cheese sandwich month. Be sure to celebrate heartily!
Today’s Food History
- 1748 Antoine-Laurent de Jussieu was born. A French botanist whose ideas formed the foundation of a natural plant classification system.
- 1985 The four ‘unicorns’ of Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus were declared to be only goats with surgically implanted horns by federal inspectors. The circus was ordered to stop advertising them as unicorns
View original post 50 more words